Thursday, June 4, 2009

Phish Live From Some Guy's iPhone

This might be the greatest thing to ever happen to me, especially considering my recent plea to Phish to broadcast their shows live on the internet:

Phish. Streaming. Live. Free.


I just watched the opening notes of "Squirming Coil." I didn't have to wait for Twitter to tell me what's playing, nor will I have to wait until tomorrow to hear the show (though the next day's recordings will undoubtedly be higher quality).

This guy might single-handedly be responsible for pushing Phish into giving us live broadcasts in the near-future. There are 3,825 people watching through this guy's iPhone right now. In mathematical terms - 3,825 people x $10 a person = $38,250 (equivalent of 765 tickets) Phish isn't making. Who could say no to this much extra money? Even if just to give it all to some Charity like the Mockingbird Foundation or the NADCP, Phish's management would have to be complete eediots to pass this opportunity up.

No comments:

Post a Comment